In 2004, when Prof. Dr. Imre J. Rudas, Rector of Budapest Tech (predecessor of Óbuda University) initiated Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, it was a small journal with a few papers, but due to the hard work it became an international recognized publication.
Acta Polytechnica Hungarica has been selected for coverage in Thomson Reuters products and custom information services. Beginning with V. 5 (1) 2008, this publication is indexed and abstracted in the following:
• Science Citation Index Expanded (also known as SciSearch®)
• Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
Acta Polytechnica Hungarica has been accepted for coverage in selected Elsevier product(s) starting with 2009 material. Elsevier intends to index and extract data from the full text article and integrate such data in these product(s). Coverage in Elsevier products increases dissemination of authors’ work via linking technologies which drive additional traffic to individual articles, promoting journal brand awareness. The benefits are high visibility to a global audience, fast online dissemination of content and increased exposure and profile for authors and editors.
In 2010 Acta Polytechnica Hungarica was added to Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) which provides many benefits:
• Journals with the content in PDF format will be included in long term preservation project.
• Statistics show more than 6 millions successful requests a month for DOAJ site from all over the world.
• Many web crawlers are fetching the content of DOAJ to be a part of their search engines.
• DOAJ is OAI compliant.
• Once the article is available in DOAJ, it becomes automatically OAI harvestable.
• Many aggregators and database providers are regularly harvesting DOAJ content in order to include it to their commercial databases.
All that leads to increased visibility and usage of OA journals.
It is very important for all scientific journals to receive impact factor. Good news for Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, that the IF is 1.286 according to JCR2018.
Special thanks to all authors, reviewers and editors to do their best in order to keep the journal’s good standard and high level.
All papers can be found on the website http://uni-obuda.hu/journal.