Visa information

Non-EEA students wishing to pursue studies in Hungary and seeking to reside for more than 90 consecutive days must first obtain a long-term visa issued by the student’s country of citizenship. The entry visa “RESIDENCE VISA FOR STUDY PURPOSES” may be obtained at the Hungarian Embassy or Consulate of your country of citizenship before departure.

Students will be obliged to submit the following documents

  • Letter of Acceptance from Óbuda University
  • Proof of payment of the required tuition fee
  • Proof/certification that accommodation is provided during your stay in Budapest
  • Passport Cancel

The registration enrollment process takes a minimum of 2-4 weeks. The visa granted will be valid for a single entry for 30 days. Once the student arrives in Budapest and enrollment has been finalized, 30 more days will be available to apply for a residence permit.

For detailed information on how to apply for a residence permit please contact the International Education Office or read the information provided by the Directorate-General For Alien Policing here.

Updated: 10.05.2024.