The library is an information centre of knowledge transfer, which grants students, faculty, and staff, access to traditional and virtual literature, and supports liberal education.
Libraries and services at Óbuda University
The Library of Óbuda University is an academic library which forms a network of 6 sub-libraries in order to ensure a unified operation. Its leading responsibility is to serve the study, teaching, education and research work of the University by the aid of collecting, systematizing the literature focusing on the specialized curriculum of the institution and to provide the students, lecturers, tutors and employees with up-to-date information service.
The stock consists of technical texts in mathematics, physics and chemistry related to the basic disciplines, textbooks on mechanical and electrical engineering, safety engineering, information technology, light industry, pedagogy, architecture, economics and management, as well as lecture notes and language books.
Opening hours, addresses and further information are available on the webpage of the Library:
http://lib.uni-obuda.hu/ (choose English version)
Current information, messenger duty (in opening hours) at Facebook:
Main academic services
- Collecting, systematizing the literature focusing on the specialized curriculum of the institution
- Reading rooms
- Lending books, journals, magazines to registered users
- Printing, scanning, copying
- Providing access to the subscribed electronic databases
Main research supporting services
- Maintenance of Magyar Tudományos Művek Tára (MTMT) – adding papers to the database, keeping author profiles up to date: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Journal reference for publishing
- Open Access support – searching APC funded journals in subscribed electronic databases to submit manuscripts: email@example.com,
- Identifying trustworthy publishers and journals – referring predator journals,
- Trainings, personal consultations,
- Newsletters in specific topics – the most recent articles in full text.
Location of the sub-libraries:
Tavaszmező utcai Könyvtár (Tavaszmező Street Library)
1084 Budapest, Tavaszmező u. 15-17.
- electrotechnics, microtechnics, automation, informatics, mathematics, physics, environmental engineering, economics, pegadogy
Doberdó úti Könyvtár (Doberdó Street Library)
1034 Budapest, Doberdó út 6.
- packaging and paper technologies, quality control, economics, environmental engineering, informatics, automation, printing and media, leather industry
Népszínház utcai Könyvtár (Népszínház Street Library)
1081 Budapest, Népszínház u. 8.
- mechanical engineering, manufacturing, mechatronics, informatics, pedagogy
Székesfehérvári Könyvtár, Műszaki Szakolvasó
8000 Székesfehérvár, Budai út 45.
- informatics, electrotechnics, automation, mathematics, physics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, economics, pedagogy
Székesfehérvári Könyvtár, Geoinformatikai Szakolvasó
8000 Székesfehérvár, Pirosalma utca 1-3.
Ybl Miklós Építéstudományi Kar Könyvtára
1146 Budapest, Thököly út 74.