As an active and recognized participant in the global higher education market, Óbuda University is committed to offering high quality and competitive service.
While being humanistic, the university provides life-long commitment and learning, develops its national and international competitiveness through the application of the most modern means and methods, in harmony with the social and economic environment.
The new university is characterized by fostering traditions and monitoring improvement and development. We are proud to announce ourselves as the legal successor to Royal Hungarian State Higher Vocational School, established in 1879 and afterwards renewed. The professors of the institution – such as Dániel Arany, Aladár Illés Edvi, Jenő Egerváry, Ödön Faragó, Géza Jalsoviczky, Ödön Lencz, Gusztáv Klemp, Lajos Petrik and many others – contributed significantly to the domestic development and the international reputation of the school.
The university is the intellectual heir of former Óbuda University, which was re-established 600 years ago on August 1, 1410. As the papal bull mentioned the re-establishment of Óbuda University:
’ … We determine and order the university to exist for good in the named town of Óbuda … with all permitted faculties, the university’s professors enjoy the privilege and freedom, which had been donated to the scientists and masters at Paris, Bologna, Oxford and Cologne Universities… by the Apostolic Holy See, the Roman Empire or any other body.
Our high level education is going on in various faculties and centers. These faculties are found in the most beautiful parts of Budapest and Székesfehérvár.
We have 6 faculties, 1 education center, and 3 doctoral schools. See on the right.